Saturday, January 17, 2009

EXPERIENCE AS A LEARNER!

Talking about my experience as a learner makes me think of the time when I was a little child. I had a really great experience at school. I greatly admired my school teachers and I sadly missed that time when my only problems were going to school. The best I enjoyed learning were the subjects maths and science. I had many difficulties drawing and doing physical education. It was really frightening to walk the tightrope or doing somersaults . What I hated most was music probably because I never understood how to read music and I had invariably failed in playing the flute.

My most important quality as a learner in the past, but also in the present, I think it is to be a hardworking, optimistic and very positive person in the face of new learning.
Analysing the activities that make me learn best, I have to mention the pair work or group work activities and brainstorming doing projects. This gave me a interpersonal intelligence though I also learn with activities related with language which give me a linguistic intelligence. In my opinion it is very difficult to decide just a single type of intelligence in the way of learning.

I would like to emphasise how in general, people think the worst experience in students' life is when they have to repeat a primary course. Nowadays in schools repeating a course has to be a “prize” for students who have learning difficulties and not a negative experience. In my opinion, repeating a course must not be a cause of trouble but of course a nice way to improve learning.

To finish, I would like to say that the most important quality as a learner, is to have motivation, to feel interested or able to cope with difficulties and to be actively engaged in the learning process.

1 comment:

Nuria Vidal said...

I wonder who in the classroom has such a beautiful English as yours!

Incredible!!!