Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happiness and Shoping

Hello classmates!

I love shopping! But I’m not a shopaholic. Shoping is something makes me happy. Days ago I made an online test about shopping and personality and the result of the test confirmed I don’t cross the line of shopping insanity. I agree with the result as a person who is not easily sucked into shopping. The test also says that I deserve to have fun. I don’t agree with this idea because I know “It is not happier who has more but it is who needs less”.

I accept that there are different ways of shopping. Firstly, shopping as a need. Everybody needs to buy things such as food, clothes, hygienic products or medicines. Secondly, shopping on a whim, that means buying things that are not necessary or not necessary enough. I don’t agree with how some people buy things with credit cards using money they haven’t got.

My favourite shops are delicatessen shops. I can spend lots of hours looking at lovely displays with new products, new goods from different countries, sauces, wines, sweets, amongst others. There is no doubt that it is impossible to resist the temptation to buy something and sometimes overspent. This kind of shopping is an enjoyable way to relax myself most of the time. It wouldn’t be exaggerating to say that the longer I walk the aisles in a delicatessen shop, the more I relax.

I normally shop in local grocer’s, so when I go to a large supermarket it’s like a party.
Buying on the Internet can be amazing, but nowadays this sort of shopping is necessary and compulsory in some occasions. From my personal experience I need to buy lots of plane tickets that would be impossible to buy without the web.
I don’t agree small local shops have limited choice. I think that they are just disadvantaged but these kind of shops offer the advantage of being specialized. I’m sure, good ham or cheese, or the best meat or fish are not in the supermarket or in a large chain store.

To finish, lets just say that it is very important to enjoy everything you do, even shopping for simple things, carrying lots of heavy bags, standing in queues at the checkout. You could probably meet an interesting person there, couldn’t you?

Best wishes!

3 comments:

Nuria Vidal said...

Excellent piece! Nothing worth my comments.
Congratulations!

I also love delicatessen shops. I could spend hours...

Nuria Vidal said...

Except for:
-ShopPing is something THAT makes me happy

Sand in my shoes said...

I agree with you: I like delicatessen shops but my favourite shop is Abacus! :)