Saturday, April 18, 2009

After Easter Week

One special holiday morning last week, I was having breakfast in my favourite coffee shop when I couldn’t avoid to listen to the conversation between two women talking about how long has been Easter week for some families, specially if they have children. There were only few people in the coffee shop but three children, about five or six years old, more or less, were doing the noise of hundred. Generation of spoiled brats, I thought! .Their mothers where talking about a usual topic that teachers hate at all: Teachers have too many holidays. It was too difficult don’t take part in their conversation.

Nowadays, I don’t think parents spend enough time with their children, and when they have time, most of them, don’t know how to manage them. This, sound terrible, but it’s a reality. In my opinion, this is the main reason to justify traditional family is history. Life is difficult. Parents need to spend too many hours working just to pay off. So, it isn’t a surprise the increase of small families. Debts give rise to big problems, and this is of course, a cause of divorce. Society is changing and traditional family has lots of difficulties to survive.

I agree with the idea of how the nuclear family is being substituted by other models. It means to emphasize the role of grandparents in our society. There is no point in discussing how grandparents’ functions have been increased and changed. They give undivided attention to grandchildren and sons and daughters, but we have to recognize how parents don’t give to grandparents the authority in upbringing their children in spite of the fact that most of them spent twenty four hour with them. They are accused of spoil the children. To finish I would like to say, that it’ll worth giving them all the respect they deserve to.

1 comment:

Nuria Vidal said...

You must be a teacher! I quite agree with you! even though we should not generalize. My daughter and my son-in-law spend so much time with their daughter (my granddaughter) that I'm really amazed at the results. Claudia is so wonderful thanks to her parents, really!

Have a look at your mistakes...

-when I couldn’t avoid (0) listenING to the conversation

-how long THE Easter week HAS BEEN (WO)for some families

-It was too difficult NOT TO take part in their conversation.

-This, soundS terrible, but it’s a reality

-Society is changing and THE traditional family has lots of difficulties to survive.

-but we have to ADMIT how

-how parents don’t give THEIR (0) grandparents the authority in upbringing their children...

-spent twenty four hourS with them.

-They are accused of spoilING the children.

-that it’D BE worth giving them all the respect they deserve (0).