Friday, April 10, 2009

NOT UNCANNY BUT THE WORST HORROR STORY!

Hello classmates,

The story I am going to tell you it is not really an uncanny story but it is the scariest and the worst horror story you could imagine.

Eight years ago, I got up early in the morning to go to my job. At that time, I was working fifteen minutes driving from the place I live. That morning, my car made strange sounds. They were as a ghost moaning or a door creaking, so I decided not to take my car. The best and the cheaper transport were to take the train. I went to the nearest train station in my town. I never had taken the train to go to work. However, I decided it as the best solution for that day. Even though the train was the best transport for me because I am always in a rush and the car stresses me, I didn’t get used to catch it.

That morning, while I was waiting the train I started looking around me. The platform was plenty of people. Too many people on the platform, teenagers going to the school, men carrying computers, women reading books,.. . Suddenly a big whistle was listened. It was the train. But it was not my train. It was a goods’ train. When that train was arriving to the station a teenager boy, probably in his fifteen, jumped into the railway station. The driver could not stop the train in time to avoid the impact and crashed into the boy, who died instantly.

Imagine the chaos! Everybody was shocked. The train stopped some metres from the platform after a sudden brake. Quickly the police arrived and cleared the platform station of people. I don’t known what happened then. Still shaking, I looked for a taxi. Despite my shock, I had to work all day. I couldn’t concentrate during all day and I’m sure all people that were there that morning in the station didn’t either.

At night I could watch the suicide on the local TV channel. It was not a prank or a nightmare. I had an eerie sensation and weird feeling while I was listening to the news. It still comes to my mind. I wish I hadn’t been there, that day. I will never forget it. It sounds creepy, if you have children or work with them. This suicide was the buzz in my town for some days. A rumour said it was the end of a love relationship. It was a huge tragedy!

No comments: